My name is Amy Ruffell, I am 24 years old and I am a professional dancer.
Originally from Penzance, Cornwall I began dance lessons from the age of 3, studying syllabus work and taking exams.
Discovering dance was definitely a passion not just a hobby I decided that dancing is where I wanted to make my career, so at the age of 17 I moved to London to train at The Urdang Academy.
For 3 years I trained intensively at my art, studying various styles of dancing, singing and acting, and happily graduated with a Trinity National Diploma in Musical Theatre and Performing Arts in 2006.
My first job as a dancer took me to Portugal for 8 months with the company Belinda King Presents, where I worked in 5 star Casino's in the Algarve.
The following two contracts I was a part of was for Celebrity Cruises, dancing on board ships Zenith and Millennium. Cruising was such a fantastic experience and took me to so many wonderful parts of the world I know I would probably have never made it to without this job.
Following my journeys at sea I headed back to land, and once again back to Portugal for Belinda King.
After completing another contract in the Algarve my next stop was to the north of Portugal, to Figueira da Foz. I have been living in Figueira and working in Casino Figueira continuously for a little over 2 years, working for Patrice Marques Productions. My current contract has 4 months remaining, I will begin rehearsals in a couple of weeks for the final show of this year.
Originally from Penzance, Cornwall I began dance lessons from the age of 3, studying syllabus work and taking exams.
Discovering dance was definitely a passion not just a hobby I decided that dancing is where I wanted to make my career, so at the age of 17 I moved to London to train at The Urdang Academy.
For 3 years I trained intensively at my art, studying various styles of dancing, singing and acting, and happily graduated with a Trinity National Diploma in Musical Theatre and Performing Arts in 2006.
My first job as a dancer took me to Portugal for 8 months with the company Belinda King Presents, where I worked in 5 star Casino's in the Algarve.
The following two contracts I was a part of was for Celebrity Cruises, dancing on board ships Zenith and Millennium. Cruising was such a fantastic experience and took me to so many wonderful parts of the world I know I would probably have never made it to without this job.
Following my journeys at sea I headed back to land, and once again back to Portugal for Belinda King.
After completing another contract in the Algarve my next stop was to the north of Portugal, to Figueira da Foz. I have been living in Figueira and working in Casino Figueira continuously for a little over 2 years, working for Patrice Marques Productions. My current contract has 4 months remaining, I will begin rehearsals in a couple of weeks for the final show of this year.
I feel so lucky to have been working consistently for the past 5 years, but I know I worked hard and sacrifised a lot to achieve this and it was definately worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment